Private Events with La Fromagerie!
Thank you for considering booking your event with us! Whether it’s your wedding, rehearsal dinner, bridal, baby shower, anniversary, birthday party, retirement dinner, or even a divorce party – we’ve done it all!
Our event team specializes in tailoring your event to your unique and individual specifications and requirements. We strive to make your exactly as you imagined, within a budget that works for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your deposit/cancellation policy?
When your date is confirmed we collect a $500 deposit. If you must cancel your event, your deposit minus a $75 booking fee is refundable up to 7 days before your event. Your full deposit is applied to your total bill the night of the event.
When do I have to confirm numbers and food choices?
The sooner the better! We require final guarantee numbers for all food and beverage requests fourteen (14) business days prior to your function date.
- In the event that the guarantee is not given to La Fromagerie by the agreed upon due date, the initial number documented on this contract will be considered final.
- Day-of changes to the menu selections may result in additional charges to prepare the extra meals.
Are children allowed in the restaurant?
Yes, of course! During a private event, children under 10 years of age will be priced at half the cost per place.
Can you accommodate guests with allergies and dietary restrictions?
Yes! We can do our absolute best. Our menus have multiple options for vegetarians, vegans and those that are gluten free. Menu items may contain or come into contact with wheat/gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, and soy. For more information, please speak with your Event Coordinator. In the event there is an allergy we will do everything possible to prevent cross-contamination but it is not something we can guarantee.
Do I have to get a liquor license?
Nope! We have a full-service bar and a large drink menu.
All La Fromagerie bartenders are Smart Serve certified. If alcoholic beverages are to be served on the venue premises, La Fromagerie will require that beverages be dispensed only by their certified employees. La Fromagerie’s alcoholic beverage license requires the venue to:
- i) Request proper identification (government photo I.D.) of any person of questionable age, and refuse alcoholic beverage service if the person is either under age or proper identification cannot be produced.
ii) Refuse alcoholic beverage service to any person who, in the bartender’s sole judgment, appears intoxicated.
Can I bring in my own food and drinks?
We do not allow outside food or drinks for health and safety reasons. We do have a $2 per person cake and a $15 per bottle wine corking fee. Please speak with our Event Manager for more details!
Can I bring in my own decorations?
You are welcome to use your own decorator and decor for your event. La Fromagerie prohibits: any kind of confetti, sparkles or any kind of rice, flammable candles, sparklers, vinyl’s, fire works, special effects, including fog machines, pyrotechnics or devices that will create heat, smoke or mist.
La Fromagerie prohibits any items to be fastened to interior walls or floors; i.e. tape, nails.
Do I need to provide my own plate wear and cutlery?
Off-site events will need to order plates and cutlery from an outside source. On-site events will have cutlery and plate wear provided.
Do you travel outside of Sudbury?
Please inquire with our event manager for your specific destination.
How can I pay my bill?
Once your event details are confirmed our event coordinator will send you an estimate via email. When you approve your estimate you can pay your deposit directly though the invoice link with a credit card. Alternatively, you can arrange for an e-transfer or come into the restaurant to pay with an alternative option.
* The balance of your bill is due no later than 11:59PM the night of your event. Your total cost may be paid in installments prior to your event if arranged with your Event Coordinator.
* A 1% surcharge will be added daily to any past due balance.
Can I add an extra time to my booking slot?
We only allow modifications to the 9pm-midnight time slot, to add extra time it is $100 an hour.
Terms and Conditions
- To book an in-house event that requires our dining room to be shut for the majority of the day, it is a minimum of $10,000 (between food, drink, venue rental) Friday-Sunday and $7000 on weekdays.
- For off-site catering of full service meals it is a minimum of $1500 for food only.
- For off-site catering, a rental fee will be charged for plates and cutlery of $3.95 for up to 100 people. If your party is over 100 guests you will need to rent from an outside source.
- Travel fee of $1.61/km applied to any booking outside of 50km of Greater Sudbury.
- 30% deposit due at time of contract signing.
- The client’s full name, current residential address, primary contact information and valid credit card information must be obtained to secure event date.
- Upon the return of the signed contract, a $100 venue retainer is due to secure date. Payment made by cash, cheque, e-transfer or credit card payment. This amount is not applied to the bill or returned to the client; it is used to hold your date for you.
- The balance of your bill is due no later than 11:59PM the night of your event. Your total cost may be paid in installments prior to your event if arranged with your Event Coordinator.
- A 1% surcharge will be added daily to any past due balance.
Find Us Here
80 Elgin Street
Sudbury, ON P3C 1T3
12pm - 8pm (MON-THURS)
12pm - 10pm (FRI)
10am - 10pm (SAT)
Kitchen Closes at 9pm
* Please note that email requests will be responded to within 72 hours. Calling is the preferred communication method for urgent matters.
* All food orders (outside of special events) should be placed through our online ordering option, by calling the restaurant or in person.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding!